Spring is typically known as the time to pull out the bright colors, whimsical patterns and every floral anything you own. But this year, we have our eyes on a different trend that will add a bit of edge and statement-level sexiness to your warmer weather wardrobe. While patent leather has been making waves since autumn, replacing the traditional leggings or heels booties of yesteryear, we love the freshness that a pop of red patent leather brings to an otherwise understated ensemble.
It’s daring but not over the top. Interesting but not begging for attention. And while it does require a certain level of confidence from its wearer, it’s not as scary as one might think to pull off. Unless of course, you’re going for a full jumpsuit a la Romee Stijd to which we say a resounding “YES!”
See our street style inspiration and choice pieces below. Will you try red patent leather this spring?
1. Valentino Pleated Patent Leather Shorts, $1,575
2. M2Malletier Patent Leather Mini Shoulder Bag, $1,335
3. Dr. Marten 1460 3 Eye Boots, $125
4. IRO Axelle Metallic Moto Jacket, $1,194
5. Gianvito Rossi Patent Leather Pumps, $695
6. Lisa Perry Snazzy Moto Jacket, $895